On May 19th the whole Erwin clan drove down to the busy city of Winona, MN to see Brandt's cousin Becca get married. Steve participated in the service by presenting one of the readings. The reception was at the Winona country club. There was a photo booth so Brandt and I made sure to get on to add to our own wedding photo strip.
Very classic Jeff and Bridget look
Lucy already has total control of Daddy :-)
The morning after the wedding, Becca's parents hosted a brunch at there newly built home up on the bluffs in Winona. Lucy tried her first taste of watermelon.

For Easter we went to Plainview to spend time with Brandt's family. One of Peggy's friends stopped by to meet Lucy. As you can see she was very sleepy.
It's hard to take pictures of anything else when there is a cute baby around... these are the only two Easter picture I ended up with!
The weekend before Easter, Brandt and I went down to Iowa to see my parents. I called as we were leaving to let my parents know and found out that my mom was in the ER with a broken arm. She had surgery about a week later. They put a 3 inch metal plate and a bunch of screws in it. Now she's stuck doing physical therapy each night!

The Mika clan went to The Iowa Governor's Mansion to look around.

Creepy old Tiger rug

The Governor's Mansion - Terrace Hill
We decided to take a trip to Boston for St. Patrick's Day this year because it fell on a Saturday. We flew in on Friday afternoon and hung out with Brian and Karen. Saturday we dressed in our best green and went into the city to check out the festivities. Kimble and Chris met us out with their group of friends. After numerous beers we went back to Brian and Karen's home and I made them all corned beef and cabbage. Brian's parents even came to taste it!
We had to be on a flight at 6am the next morning. It was a very quick trip but well worth it!
Kimble and I

Brain, Brand and I
My Parents came to town and I made a big dinner for everyone. It was my first attempt at cream puffs from scratch.

Oscar wasn't sure how to begin...

Belen got the biggest one with the most chocolate!

Everyone enjoying dinner
I don't have any pictures, but that day as I was making the whipped cream for my puffs I slipped and fell. I had to see a chiropractor for my neck I was so sore! They thought I had broken a vertebrate. Turns out it was just dislocated and I was fixed after a few days. I had to tell everyone I slipped on a cream puff and threw out my back! HA!!!
On February 18th one of my best friends (Kimble) was married in Manhattan, NY. I got to be one of her bridesmaids. I flew in on the Wednesday before the ceremony and Brandt met me that Friday. It was an amazing time (other than getting food poisoning my first night)!
The wedding party on the steps of the library

Breakfast at Tiffany's
Attacked by Edward on 5th Avenue

Brandt has the world on his shoulders
Just after ice skating at Rockefeller Center

Looking up at Rockefeller Tower
At the Top of the Rock... 70 floors high and completely open air. Did I mention that Brandt is terrified of heights?
All those trees are Central Park
Famous picture as Rockefeller was being built

St. Patrick's Cathedral

Inside

More inside...

Last one.

Outside the Dakota building. This is where John Lennon lived with Yoko Ono. This gate is where he was murdered.

Strawberry Fields Forever

Our one celebrity citing. Both Brandt and I love the cult classic film, Boondock Saints. We were sitting in the same terminal at JFK. Norman Reedus. He's also in the tv show Walking Dead.

